Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was made perfect by some great recipes that many of you were kind enough to share.
First I made the Vegan Turkey Roast by Brian McCarthy, which all of you can see and learn over at Julie's site Everyday Dish. I used a flour sack dish cloth to wrap it in because I was out of cheesecloth. I also added 1 tsp of poultry seasoning. I wish I had an electric meat slicer because this roast is going to make some really kick bootie sandwiches!
Next item on our menu was The Best Vegan Green Bean Casserole from Susan over at Fat free Vegan. Instead of baking this as one large casserole I put it individual dishes. Remember my problem with cooked mushroom? Well, this recipe is so good I challenge all of you who have a fear of mushrooms to go for it. Delicious!!! I always hated cream of mushroom soup and was leery, but this mushroom sauce is out of this world!You can't have Thanksgiving with out stuffing and gravy and thanks to Bryanna we all ate way to much. :o) Her Bread stuffing and rich brown fat free gravy made our meal a huge hit! I used "no-chicken" broth for the stuffing and added an extra teaspoon of poultry seasoning too. If you don't know who Bryanna is go visit her blog, recipes galore!!!
Finally what I wait for all year long, Brussels sprouts. Brandie and I adore them so when winter comes we are all over them. These were roasted with some olive oil, salt, and garlic. Yum!
Sorry no desserts kids. I have been off sugar for nearly 2 months and am doing my best to continue, so apples have become my favorite dessert. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. :o)
I am indeed grateful for all of my blogging buddies. Your kindness and inspiration are a blessing to all.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Well I have been tagged so here are 7 random things about me.
1. I brush my teeth for 2 minutes every morning and 4 minutes every night. I also floss every night before brushing.
2. I rarely chew on the left side of my mouth.
3. I like the taste and texture of raw mushrooms, but can't stand the smell or texture of cooked mushrooms. I really want to and am trying as hard as I can to get past my issues.
4. My second toe on both feet are longer than my big toe, in fact my second toe on my left foot is 5/8 of an inch longer than my big toe. Brandie, my daughter has the same kind of toes and so does our grandson! Yeah! Keep the long toe gene going.
5. When I hit 5' 3" I cried for days. I have blue eyes and loved being 5 foot 2 eyes of blue. Shoot now I am 5'4". Maybe when I get older I will shrink back to 5 foot 2 eyes of blue. :o)
6. I love lizard and snakes. People think that is weird since I am a girl. Right now I only have one snake named Zero. I have had her for about 12 years.
7. I have a phobia of dirty door handles. Especially when you walk out of a public restroom. I always open the door with a paper towel. Hey, some people don't wash there hands. Nasty!!
There you have it. 7 random things about me. I am sure there are many more, but after my frustrating day in the kitchen this is all I could muster up.
Have fun playing this game!
Of course there is always a bright light at the end of a frustrating day and that is our grandson.
Isn't he a cutie? Ok, he does not have the Alfalfa look going on. That line is a branch from the haunted Halloween tree that was on the background of the photo shoot.