Nourishing the mind, body, and soul along the vegan highway.

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Maple Banana loaf



I am famous for visiting everyones blogs, getting ideas for my weekly menu, and then forgetting before I am done surfing what I wanted to cook. Everyone has such great recipes and ideas that my brain goes into "hyper"drive and I get totally out of control excited and fail to make a note or even try to remember. (I love to cook, can you tell?) Write it down I told myself and I listened and did it. lol I did! This is a first. Not only did I write down the name of the recipe and where I could find it. I followed through and made the first one on the list. I was visiting Megan's blog January 29th post, http://meganthevegan.blogspot.com when I saw the picture of Dreena's Maple Banana Loaf that Megan had baked. Her bread looked so good that I put that on the list. Let me tell you, not only is the bread easy to make, it is delicious. The recipe calls for either all whole wheat pastry flour or a mixture of both whole wheat pastry and kamut flours. I made mine with both flours and substituted 1 Tablespoon of the kamut for 1 Tablespoon of flaxseed meal. I think next time I will increase that to 2 or 3 Tablespoons. I baked mine in an 8.5 x 4.5 glass bread pan. I followed the advice that was given to Megan and not only lightly oiled the pan, but lightly floured it too. There was only a tiny bit of sticking on the bottom when I removed it from the pan. As you can see in the picture is did leave little white on the sides, but it still tastes wonderful! DD and DH loved it. The banana bread recipe that I grew up with had 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil in it. GROSS! This is so much better and much more healthy. Weight Watcher points = 3pts for 8-10 servings.

1 comment:

aTxVegn said...

Your bread turned out beautifully! That's one recipe I have not yet tried from that cookbook, so thanks for the tip.

Megan loves maple syrup...