Nourishing the mind, body, and soul along the vegan highway.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Vegan food month and update on Tilly

A big thank you to all for your kind words and support during this rough time. You are all so nice and caring. I hope each one of you is blessed abundantly for your kindness and love. Tilly is doing well and taking all her medicine like a good girl. She has 3 more days on her antibiotic and then the doctor can put her on steroids to help keep the tumors from growing and hopefully give her more time with us. Here she is sitting on the bed. She is such a wonderful kitty. I have taken about 30 pictures this past weekend so you will be seeing more of her than usual.


I am doing my best to show as much vegan food as I can during this Vegan Month of Food. Vegans can have a hearty breakfast too. Here we have flax seed waffles (I cheated these are the frozen kind) with earth balance and maple syrup. Fried potatoes with onions and red and green bell pepper, and my favorite breakfast food in the world, scrambled tofu. I mix all kinds of veggies with them. This day I have green pepper, scallions, and tomatoes.




As many of you know, my hubby is an omnivore and he wanted hamburgers for dinner. I too can be a part of this BBQ with Garden burger chick'n patties, and homemade russet and sweet potato fries. I love these fries. I cut my potatoes into fries, steam them for about 10-15 minutes, place them on a cookie sheet, mist them with olive oil, and under the broiler they go until golden brown. Delish!


Mexican is big in our family. I try to keep fast boxed vegan food for emergencies. These tacos are made from a box of Fantastic TVP taco meat that was about to expire. Like I said this is emergency food. Anyway it has great flavor and makes a great taco. Added to these are onions, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, and fresh homemade guacamole. My mom bought me some avocados this week that were amazing. Creamy avocado butter, I could eat them all day.




My husbands car had to have new tires. We knew it, but it hit us harder and quicker than expected. It seems like one crisis after another these days, but my sweet hubby wanted to make me feel better. Next to our mechanic's shop is a gym with fantastic healthy cafe. He bought me an Acai smoothie and veggie wrap. He said he wanted to make sure I was getting a good healthy meal. The smoothie was Acai berries, mango, pineapple and apple juice. The wrap was hummas, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, and corn on a flour tortilla. He made sure that everything was vegan before he ordered. He is so thoughtful. He asked me how it was and I said really good. He was concerned it was not a whole wheat tortilla and I told him the only way they can improve this is to change to whole wheat tortilla and fresh corn, of course more hummas is always welcomed. Yes I am addicted to hummas. Well that is all for now, but I leave you with one more photo of our Tilly. Love to all!



Joshua and Tilly taking a nap together. What wonderful memories the kids are giving me.

4 comments:

aTxVegn said...

I'm glad Tilly is taking her meds. Some pets are so stubborn about that! She looks so happy and comfy. And I do believe Joshua senses your concern for her.

I'm going crazy over your breakfast plate! And I'm going to steam my fries before baking next time. What a great idea.

That gym food sounds great too. Hubby is taking good care of you.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I still have Tilly in my thoughts and prayers - I'm glad to hear that she is still taking the medication. Hopefully her health will improve.

Mmm, all this food looks so delicious!! Which brand of the frozen flax waffles do you use? I like both the Van's vegan flax waffles and the Lifestream vegan flax waffles - yum!!

The photo of Joshua and Tilly is priceless.

bazu said...

I was so sorry to hear about your poor Tilly being sick! But she is lucky to have you guys, who are ensuring that she can be as comfy as possible. I hope you get as much more time with her as you can.

Anonymous said...

Tilly looks great. Hopefully her health will improve.

the food looks good.