Nourishing the mind, body, and soul along the vegan highway.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rough few weeks, but comfort food helped!

Hey everyone, I am alive and hoping to be on the mend. Some how a UTI found me and has caused me havoc and pain over the last couple weeks. I did my best to go the natural way, by using herbs, homeopathic meds, and chiropractor, but after 7 days of peeing razor blades it was time for a call to my medical doctor. Sure enough, a UTI, which I knew already. Well I have been on the meds for 3 days and I am seeing some improvement. Granted me and AZO have a very tight relationship. Ladies if you ever get one of these nasty infections get your AZO right away. I have also increased my intake of cranberry and blueberry juice to help keep those nasty bacterias away. So enough of the painful whining and onto a new vegan blogger I found and one of his tasty recipes.


Check out Josh's vegan blog. His recipes sound great. I tried his Mock Swiss steak and thought I was in Heaven with the tomato gravy type sauce served over brown rice. The steaks have a wonderful texture. He says it serves 2, but I made mine to serve 4 and it was plenty. Enjoy my friends.
Thanks Josh for an awesome recipe!!!

9 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

**major hugs**

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I hope you feel better soon! The food looks great, though.

Vegetation said...

I found Josh's blog a little while back (plus a LOT of his meals are soy free~yay!) and his recipes are certainly delicious!

Sorry you've been sick but I'm glad to hear you're on the mend now :)

Your Swiss Steak looks great!

DJ Karma said...

Thanks for introducing Josh's blog- hope you're feeling betta soon! :)

Cindy DG said...

Glad you are on the mend! Ugg!
Cindy
http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com

Mihl said...

Ouch. I've been there too a couple of times. Feel better soon!

Bethany said...

ouch! peeing razor blades is a very accurate description. I'm glad you're feeling better.

ooh, those swiss steaks look really really good. Now I'm hungry for dinner.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Ugh, sorry about the UTI.. I went through I time where I had those frequently and they suck!! Glad you are doing better.

And thanks for the blog recommendation, I'll have to check it out!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com