Nourishing the mind, body, and soul along the vegan highway.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Brandie's Engaged and I Got Mail!!!

I am sorry I have not blogged for a couple weeks. We have had a whirl wind of events in this home of ours. Dh's birthday is on June 13th and Brandie's (our daughter) is June 15th. Daddy and Brandie have been celebrating their birthdays together forever. So this year was no different, except that Micah, Brandie's sweetheart, wanted to propose. We all went to Hard Rock Cafe to celebrate. After all the presents were open, sneeky mom took Brandie to the restroom while Micah hid the ring inside a rose. Brandie was completely caught off guard. She had no idea. Micah pulled the rose from her bouquet, which she did not like, and asked her if she had ever noticed how beautiful a rose was on the inside. She was pouting and complaining that he ruined her bouquet. She finally said no and Micah asked her to look. Oh My Goodness! Her face was in shock. She looked up at her dad and asked,



"How'd that get in there?"

Then Micah pulled her out of the booth, got down on one knee, and proposed. DH got the whole thing on video. Everyone in the restaurant was whistling, clapping, and celebrating with them! It was a night to remember!

Micah popping the question!


Brandie saying, "YES!"


Brandie's chin was quivering from tears of joy and Micah

was just beaming and happy that part was over.

The Happy Couple! We are so blessed that they wanted us to be a part of this wonderful night. Oh, the wedding date is September 15, 2007! Brandie does not want a fall or winter wedding and waiting another year until summer is out of the question.

I think I might loose my mind, but hey it will be worth it.
More pictures to come, but onto food!
I Got Mail!

I got my new DVD in the mail! The Everyday Dish by Dreena Burton, Julie Hasson, and Bryanna Clark Grogan. I stayed up until 1:00 am watching it. I love it! I am going to make everything. Here is my first recipe from the DVD.

Bryanna's Vegan Chicken Cutlets getting ready to be baked in the oven.
Baking seitan is the best! These are so easy to make. Anyone who has been leery of making seitan, FEAR NO MORE!! Order it now you won't be sorry!

Here is our first dinner with these cutlets. We served them with gravy, potatoes (russets and sweet potatoes) , sliced tomatoes, and steamed broccoli.
These cutlets are so easy to make and they are fantastic!!!!!!!

Our next dinner: BBQ Seitan "Chicken" Cutlets served with mashed russet and sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, corn, steamed Swiss chard, yellow squash and apple sauce.
My DH who is an omni man enjoyed this meal.
Now I have to choose which recipe to make next!! Get this DVD, You won't be sorry!!!

15 comments:

aTxVegn said...

What exciting news, Sheree! Those pictures of Micah popping the question are priceless! You are really going to be busy now.

My family has birthdays every two weeks in the summer and we always celebrate by eating out. I have to diet in between feasts.

I made barbecue chik'n seitan last week too, but yours looks much better. I can't remember if I've ordered the dvd, but if I haven't I will.

Congratulations to Brandie and have fun wedding planning!

Dori said...

Yeah! My eyes are filling up with sentimental mommy tears as I read your post..... I can't yet imagine the feelings you must feel! I haven't been blogging the past couple of weeks also... more because I am so busy just reading books, swimming and enjoying my summer that I just do not want to be inside at all.

MeloMeals said...

Congratulations to all of you!! What beautiful pictures. Brandie is absolutely glowing.. how wonderful! I loved the expression on Micah's face in the first pic when she is looking into the rose..

laura k said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful story! Very clever, hiding the ring inside the rose! Congratulations to Micah and Brandie!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Congratulations to you and your daughter!! And thanks for your kind words as well. I know just how Brandie feels, I didn't want to wait another year to get married! We're definitely feeling the stress of planning a wedding for Sept 23, 2007. That's just so great for her and Micah.
Oh and loved your chicken seitan. I have loved everything I've made from the DVD, but haven't tried that. Glad you are back to blogging! Take care and try and stay sane through all the planning...

KleoPatra said...

That is SO sweet about your daughter, Brandie... her husband-to-be, sweet Micah, really did a number on her... surprising her like that! i love it!

Happy belated b'days your your hub and daughter, too!

i've heard great things about that DVD... i knew i smelled something super comin' up MG Road... lookit whatcha did with that DVD!! WOW, nice!

We need to get together when you are up to it, Sheree! Great to see you post, it's been too long. Keep your health moving in a positive direction... i'm thinkin' good thoughts.

xo
K

urban vegan said...

How sweet! Best wishes to Brandi and her hubby-to-be.

theONLYtania said...

Ahh that's so great! They look so cute together, those are some good pictures. Ah I'm jealous, I want Everday Dish! I just saw Vicki make those cutlets last week too, that's where I got the craving haha. Yours look awesome, I like the two kinds of potatoes together, I'm coming to your house for dinner!

Anonymous said...

wow - what an exciting moment! Congrats to all!

Mmm..that seitan does look good.

Kate said...

Yummy food and adorable proposal pics!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

How awesome! congrats to the happy and handsome couple! I always enjoy seeing their photos here - Brandie has such a pretty smile. Yeaah for the Everyday Dish DVD - isn't it great!? I just made Vegan Pork Tenderloin, and it's equally fabulous. Have you made the Chocolate Mint Melties yet?!

Sheree' said...

Atx- Thank you! It was so exciting to be there for the big popping of the questions!. Yes, you must have the DVD. It is fantastic!

Dori - Yes tears, many tears. Everytime we talk about the wedding I get all choked up. It is hard to believe our baby is getting married. Enjoy your summer break!

Meloday - I just keep looking over the pictures again and again. We got the proposal on video. If you want to see it email me. I can't figure out how to post it on my blog. It is priceless!

Laura - Thank you! We love Micah. He is a perfect gentleman.

Vegan Noodle - I am so happy for you. It may be stressful trying to get the wedding out in such a short time, but when I think of planning over a year. That really freaks me out! I hope all is going well with your plans. I can't wait to exchange stories and pictures. Yeepee!

Kleo - Your are such a sweetie. Thank your for all your positive thoughts being sent down the road. Yes we will get together soon!

Urban - Thanks for stopping by and sharing the good news with me!

Tania - You can come to dinner anytime!

Megan _ Thanks for stopping by. Oh, these cutlets are super. You must try them.

Kate - Thanks!

Vicki - I can't believe Brandie's getting married! Wow, I need to make the pork tenderloin. Did you bake it in the clay dish? I have not made the melties yet. I need to get the candy bar from Whole Foods. That trip is tomorrow I think. I can't wait.

Nabeel said...

awww very cute engagement pictures .. have a happy time :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Brandie!! what a great post.

Kati said...

Aww that's so sweet - congratulations to the happy couple!