Nourishing the mind, body, and soul along the vegan highway.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rough few weeks, but comfort food helped!

Hey everyone, I am alive and hoping to be on the mend. Some how a UTI found me and has caused me havoc and pain over the last couple weeks. I did my best to go the natural way, by using herbs, homeopathic meds, and chiropractor, but after 7 days of peeing razor blades it was time for a call to my medical doctor. Sure enough, a UTI, which I knew already. Well I have been on the meds for 3 days and I am seeing some improvement. Granted me and AZO have a very tight relationship. Ladies if you ever get one of these nasty infections get your AZO right away. I have also increased my intake of cranberry and blueberry juice to help keep those nasty bacterias away. So enough of the painful whining and onto a new vegan blogger I found and one of his tasty recipes.


Check out Josh's vegan blog. His recipes sound great. I tried his Mock Swiss steak and thought I was in Heaven with the tomato gravy type sauce served over brown rice. The steaks have a wonderful texture. He says it serves 2, but I made mine to serve 4 and it was plenty. Enjoy my friends.
Thanks Josh for an awesome recipe!!!

8 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

**major hugs**

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I hope you feel better soon! The food looks great, though.

Amy said...

I found Josh's blog a little while back (plus a LOT of his meals are soy free~yay!) and his recipes are certainly delicious!

Sorry you've been sick but I'm glad to hear you're on the mend now :)

Your Swiss Steak looks great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing Josh's blog- hope you're feeling betta soon! :)

Cindy DG said...

Glad you are on the mend! Ugg!
Cindy
http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I've been there too a couple of times. Feel better soon!

Bethany said...

ouch! peeing razor blades is a very accurate description. I'm glad you're feeling better.

ooh, those swiss steaks look really really good. Now I'm hungry for dinner.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Ugh, sorry about the UTI.. I went through I time where I had those frequently and they suck!! Glad you are doing better.

And thanks for the blog recommendation, I'll have to check it out!