Nourishing the mind, body, and soul along the vegan highway.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 21 It's Emeril's Fault

I don't know how many of you have the channel, Planet Green, but if you don't there is a show called, "Emeril Green". Yep, Emeril is not only on the Food Network. Today we were watching one of the Emeril Green shows that we taped (we hate commercials) and he was making lentils and rice. Sorry, honey now I am craving lentils and rice. :o) Luckily DH loves lentils. So here you have it, simple brown rice, garlic, salt, pepper, and lentils. I added a bit of soy sauce to mine too. So there are my protein and carbs and here are my veggies, salad with all the goodies, steamed zucchini, and cooked broccoli with a bit of left over broccoli soup on it from last night. Hey is makes a great sauce. Enjoy!


Tomorrow we get our grandson, so dinner will something quick and easy.

Hey, playing with the light of our lives is important. :o)

7 comments:

Virginia said...

i have planet green, but have never watched his show. i am not the biggest emeril fan. it looks like he inspired a yummy dinner, though!

have fun with your grandbaby!

Anonymous said...

Lentils and rice is one of the best comfort meals there is!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I LOVE 'EMERIL GREEN'!!!! Amazing show. Remember that brownie post that I did a while back, about Emeril making vegan/gluten-free brownies?? That guy rocks :0)

Enjoy your time with your grandson today!!!

A.M. said...

Have fun with your grandson tomorrow! :-)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

I don't have Planet Green, but now I want to Watch Emeril Green!
Enjoy your playtime with the grandson! :)

The Cooking Lady said...

Emeril Green is the bomb. Lots of terrific information on that show. I usually do not turn it off, unless it is a heavy meated (I made that word up) show.

He did a Middle Eastern/Greek menu one day. Oh my stars.

You have to understand that my husbands background (even though he was born in Cuba) is Arabic. Let me tell you, those people can cook.

I turned my girlfriend on to Arabic food. Now, when we go over to dinner, the menu is Arabic. And there food is quite simple. Now that you mention lentils, I will have to make (And blog) my lentil soup.

Oh so good, now that the temperatures are down.

yasmin said...

If you're a lentils & rice fan, i would strongly recommend trying an egyptian dish called koshari: lentils, rice, crisply fried onions, a little bit of chickpeas & a little bit of tomato and garlic sauce all mixed together. easy, but lots of ingredients.