Nourishing the mind, body, and soul along the vegan highway.

Friday, October 24, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 24 It is hot again!

All day my question to myself was, "What to have for dinner? All I really wanted was veggies. I was just feeling like a light meal, due to the fact that another Santa Anna hit us and this is the third day of really hot weather. Finally when it was getting close to dinner I opened the fridge and started slicing and chopping. I did it, minutes after DH got home dinner was served. Steamed broccoli and zucchini, braised Swiss chard in some "No Chicken Broth" with fresh garlic, and mashed/pureed cauliflower with chives and a touch of curry. Just look at that awesome color. :o) At the last minute falafel sounded good too. You gotta love "Fantastic Falafel Mix"
Fresh sliced tomatoes added just that touch of color.



Tomorrow Rudolph and Frosty are coming to dinner.

Sleep tight everyone. :o)

6 comments:

A.M. said...

Off sugar for 25 days? Woohoo, you go girl! That's great. Only the granulated kind, or things like agave and maple syrup too? And do you think it's difficult? (I've been wanting to try that myself for a while now...)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my, that dish has "VeggieGirl" written AAAALLLLLL over it!! :0)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

What a colorful plate food of goodness! Rudolph and Frosty are coming for dinner! YAY! :)

Anonymous said...

hey congrats on the no sugar for 25 days !!! I really need to do something, they say that after 28 days you lose a habit, so I should try that:]
And those tomatoes and cucumbers look amazing! Veggies are the GREATEST in hot weather!!!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Absolutely delicious! I'm intrigued by your dinner guests...

Erin said...

Looks like a very yummy quick meal!