Nourishing the mind, body, and soul along the vegan highway.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Vegan Mofo Day 3..... Breakfast Burrito anyone?

     I guess this week is all about breakfast. Do you miss eggs? Well, I don't because I never liked them. Pre-vegan days I would have to smother them in cheese and salsa to choke them down. Now I can enjoy what looks like eggs, but no cheese drowning needed to endure them. Yes, I am talking about Tofu Scramble. If you are new to the vegan world or just curious what vegans eat here you go. I do hope you try them. They are amazing!
     I myself love firm or extra firm tofu. This might be from the serious hard scrambled eggs I used to have my grandpa make for me. He like runny scrambled eggs, which just made me sick. He used to tell me eat a plate of rubber since that is what hard scrambled eggs were. Very funny Grandpa. The seasoning I use for my tofu scramble is the best in the world. You can find the recipe here on Bryanna's blog. My daughter hooked me up with Black salt, which adds an eggy taste. It is shockingly good. I made my scramble for my mom with the black salt and she could not believe it wasn't eggs.
     Tofu scramble is so easy to make. Press your tofu to get rid of some of the liquid, break it up into a pan, sprinkle with seasoning, a bit of  black salt if you choose, and a touch of soy sauce or water. Stir until heated through and serve it the way you like it. My way is as a breakfast burrito. I have a bit of country potatoes and salsa wrapped in this delicious beauty. I hope you try this fast and easy vegan dish.

Now doesn't that look yummy? Your omni friends will never know! :o)

5 comments:

Tami said...

Looks great. I'm a big fan of breakfast burritos, too. Such a wonderful way to start the day.

Anonymous said...

I was never a fan of scrambled eggs, but I do like scrambled tofu. I found black salt in an Indian/Pakistani market, but it was large chunks of it... so I have to grate/grind it to use it. :( It really does smell eggy though, doesn't it? Weird.

River said...

It does look super yummy! I wish I could eat soy every day so I could treat myself to daily tofu scrambles. *sigh*

MeloMeals said...

Looks delicious! It's funny because I always hated eggs too.. but I love the flavor black salt imparts.

Sophia said...

I use black salt anytime I want to add an "eggy" flavor to dishes, it's an essential ingredient for a vegan to have in their pantries!
I love tofu scramble as well, it makes for an awesome breakfast!


Please enter my great CSN stores giveaway:
http://whatyourmommadidntknow.blogspot.com/2010/11/csn-stores-giveaway-deadline-friday.html

-Sophia